Apply for Social Security Disability in Coeur D’Alene
OUR DISABILITY LAWYERS WILL GET YOU THE BENEFITS YOU DESERVE.
There are many ways to apply:
- Online at SocialSecurity.gov
- By mail
- Over the phone by calling 1-800-772-1213
- In person
However, we recommend setting up an appointment at the Social Security office closest to you and filling out the paperwork in person with a qualified claims representative. They’ll help make sure your application is accurate and filled out correctly. More information about filing an application is available by calling 1-800-772-1213.
Whether Social Security considers you disabled is determined by your inability to work. The agency considers you disabled under its rules if:
- You cannot do work that you did before;
- They decide that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
Social Security pays only for total disability, not a partial disability. Learn more about if you qualify for disability benefits.
WHY DO MANY PEOPLE CONSIDER APPLYING FOR BENEFITS DIFFICULT?
Many people believe that if they simply explain their situation to Social Security, someone will understand and award them disability benefits. Unfortunately, that’s not the way Social Security works.
Applying for Social Security disability benefits is a complicated legal process. You must PROVE you’re “disabled” according to the Social Security Disability Program (SSDP) legal definition, and this involves a Five Step Process.
WHY ARE MOST PEOPLE WHO APPLY FOR BENEFITS DENIED?
The Social Security disability system involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures. You can be denied benefits if your doctor doesn’t know the legal definition of disability, or if a Social Security employee fails to obtain medical evidence on your behalf. You can also lose your case if an appeal is handled improperly.
GARY PENAR CAN HELP YOU AVOID THE PITFALLS BY WORKING WITH YOU TO…
- Gather proof that you’re disabled and cannot maintain work for one year or more
- Organize proper job history and records
- Obtain proper medical records and medical source statements to prove you meet the government definition of disability
- Ensure your appeals are filed on time. (There are time restrictions.)
By contacting Gary Penar, you’ll vastly improve your chances of winning disability benefits. Our Disability Attorneys have helped thousands of people apply for and win the benefits they deserve.
HOW LIKELY ARE YOU TO WIN BENEFITS?
Gary Penar can give you a consultation of your case. Fill out the form below today!